Estimated Fees and Insurance
Our staff will verify insurance coverage for both the facility and anesthesia fees prior to surgery. If your insurance policy does not provide 100% coverage of the planned procedure, please be prepared to make a deposit on the day of surgery for the co-insurance and/or deductible portion of the facility fee, and for the anesthesiologist’s fee if you are having anesthesia.
100% payment is also required for any services that are not covered by any insurance policy. All quotes for procedures are estimates, and prior to your surgery date you will receive either a phone call or letter advising you of requested deposits. You may also call us to receive a quote of the estimated charges for your surgery. Please understand that actual billed charges are based on the doctor’s operative report and actual surgery times.
After your surgery, Palos Hills Surgery Center will prepare a bill for your surgery and anesthesia services performed at the surgery center. PHSC also performs billing for the anesthesiologist.
The surgery center’s facility fee includes charges for surgery (pre-op, intra-op and post-op nursing care, supplies and intra-operative medications, implants, equipment, use of the operating and recovery rooms), pre-op testing performed at the surgery center, and intra-operative radiology.
The Center bills to all insurance companies, and to Medicare and Medicaid for procedures covered by Medicare and Medicaid in an ambulatory surgery center.
We do not bill insurance cosmetic and non-medically necessary procedures unless prior approval of the planned surgical procedure has been received from the insurance company.
For your convenience, we accept: VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Because debit cards contain daily maximums, please check your daily limit before presenting a debit card for your payment. We process checks electronically using Telecheck.
No personal checks are accepted for cosmetic or non-insurance covered procedures. Cash is always accepted.
Patients without insurance, or who are self-payers, will be required to sign a form acknowledging they understand their procedure is not covered by insurance. PHSC requires 100% pre-payment by cash or credit card on the day of surgery. We regret that personal checks cannot be accepted for these services.
For special or extenuating circumstances, we can arrange payment plans for non-cosmetic procedures on a case-by-case basis; please contact our business office at (708) 237-7290.
Other Bills You May Receive
Depending on the surgery performed, patients may also receive bills from the following independent providers:
- Your surgeon (MidAmerica Orthopaedics)
- Anesthesiologist: billed by PHSC Anesthesia Services
- Tissue Processing of specimens: ACL
- Pathology Professional Interpretation: ACL
- Preoperative Testing: various providers of the patient’s choosing
- Durable Medical Equipment: MidAmerica Orthopaedics
- DVT Compression Sleeves: Medsource
Any questions regarding these services should be directed to these providers.
Managed Care Plans
- Aetna Healthplans HMO/PPO
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield of Illinois PPO/MCNP/Advantage/MMAI
- CIGNA HealthPlans HMO/PPO
- HFN PPO
- HMO of Illinois (Blue Cross/Blue Shield HMO)
- Humana Health Plans HMO/PPO/GOLD PLUS
- Medicare (Participating Provider/Assignment Accepted)
- Multiplan PPO – including PHCS (Private Healthcare Systems)
- Tricare/Champus (Authorized, but not Participating Provider)
- United Healthcare HMO/PPO – all products except Medicare and Medicaid replacements
Please call our office at (708) 237-7290 as our list of insurance agreements are continuously being updated.